Leaf & Brush Removal
2021-2022 Brush Schedule
2021-2022 Brush and Leaf Collection Schedule
The Village of Rantoul currently offers a free, scheduled monthly community-wide brush collection service through the Public Works Department. During the months from April through January, the crews will canvas the village once to collect and chip resident’s small brush and tree branches. As this is a labor intensive task, residents are asked to follow a few simple guidelines to ensure a timely pickup on their landscape waste.
Brush Collection Guidelines
- All branches must be properly stacked and placed at the curbside no later than 7:00 am on the Monday morning of the scheduled service.
- Any brush placed out after that time may not get picked up in a timely manner or may result in a fine / charge.
- Brush should be stacked at the curbside with branches lying in the same direction.
- Do not place branches in the street, gutters, or block sidewalks.
- Logs need to be stacked separately from brush.
- Vehicles should not be parked near the brush, as this blocks accessing the piles.
- Tree removals by a contractor for a homeowner are to be disposed of by the contractor.
- Wood chips for residential landscaping will be available for public pickup and use.
- The village will not pick up garbage, old furniture, lumber or other municipal waste. Disposal of these items are the responsibility of the owner or tenant.
Few communities offer this type of free, scheduled service. Your assistance in following the aforementioned guidelines will ensure the service does not get abused, and that it can be performed in a timely and effective manner. Working together will help keep our community attractive and brush-free.
If additional information is desired, please contact the Village of Rantoul Public Works Department at (217) 892-6526
2021 Brush Pickup Dates
|April 5 - April 9|
|May 3 - May 7|
|June 7 - June 11|
|July 6 - July 9|
|August 2 - August 6|
|September 6 - September 10|
|October 4 - October 8|
|November 1 - November 5|
|December 6 - December 10|
|January 3 - January 7 (2022)|
SPRING LEAF COLLECTION Dates - March 22, 2021 - March 26, 2021
WATER MAIN FLUSHING WILL BE CONDUCTED APRIL 11-29, 2021
2021 Fall Leaf Collection
The Village of Rantoul will provide a scheduled collection of curbside, loose leaves beginning October 18 and continuing through December 10, 2021. The community will be divided into two areas with one area being the focus each week. The areas and schedules are as follows:
|North of U.S. Route #136||South of U.S. Route #136|
|October 18 - October 22||October 25 - October 29|
|November 1 - November 5||November 8 - November 12|
|November 15 - November 19||November 29 - December 3|
|December 6 - December 10 FINAL PICKUP||December 6 - December 10 FINAL PICKUP|
Final leaf pickup for 2021 is planned for the week of December 6, 2020 - December 10, 2021.
Leaf Pickup Guidelines
To ensure timely pickup of leaves, the following guidelines should be followed:
- Leaves should be placed at the curb by 7:00 am on the Monday your area is scheduled for collection.
- Do not put leaves into the street, gutters, or block sidewalks.
- Only leaves raked to the curb will be accepted.
- No grass clippings will be accepted.
- No bagged leaves will be accepted. Bagged leaves will need to be picked up by a private hauler.
- Vehicles should not be parked near the leaves or brush, as this blocks accessing the piles.
- Rantoul residents are permitted to burn leaves April, May, October, and November on Saturdays from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Leaves may be burned on private property only.
If you need other information, please contact the Public Works Department at (217) 892-6526.