Need a Permit?
Not sure if you need a permit? Below is a list of building permits that are required in the Village of Rantoul. We encourage you to contact the Building Inspection Department at (217) 892-6826 for any questions you may have with regards to the permit process.
- Fence (Please read Fence Requirements prior to obtaining permit)
- Shed (Please read Shed Requirements prior to obtaining permit)
- Residential new construction
- Residential renovations (not all residential renovations may require a permit so please contact the Building Inspection Department to verify)
- Commercial and industrial new construction and/or renovations
- Business signs
- Electrical (Commercial/Industrial) and (Residential)
- Plumbing (Commercial/Industrial) and (Residential)
- Mechanical and HVAC
- Roofing (residential and commercial)
- Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Mobile Home Installation
- Mobile Home Certificate of Occupancy
- Siding and Windows
- Swimming Pool Permit and Swimming Pool Installation Notice
Please be aware that anyone caught doing any work without a permit is subject to a $100 fee added to the normal permit fees for any of the above.