The Business Economic Support Grant Program is intended to provide assistance to existing businesses within Rantoul for the purpose of purchasing necessary protective equipment to facilitate safety for customers and employees to keep businesses operating in lieu of the COVID-19 pandemic. The program provides grant funds on a reimbursement basis with a maximum grant of $5,000 for a single business.
• Business location must be within the Village of Rantoul Corporate Limits.
• Eligible businesses are those that employ at least two (2) full time employees
• Business must operate from a business building, that is not a residential structure.
• Businesses annual revenue from 2019 must not have exceeded $5,000,000
• Business must be currently open and has to have been open for at least 6 months within the 2020 calendar year.
• Business cannot have received funding through the State of Illinois Business Interruption
Grant (BIG) Program.
• The business must be operating legally in accordance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations and current with all Village taxes, fees and licenses.
• Designed to reimburse qualifying COVID-19 related expenses incurred by a business between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020.
• Eligible expenditures of grant funds include: hydrostatic wands; ventilation improvements (ex. UV Filtration, MERV-13+ filters); contactless water faucets and fixtures; plexiglass or acrylic dividers; purchase or rental of tents for outdoor dining or retail services; outdoor heating equipment; personal protective equipment for employees or customers; deep cleaning supplies or services; software or technology designed and used to limit physical contact; labor costs of installation of any of these items; and utility and rent/mortgage costs.
• Funds will be awarded as program budget allows. A total of approximately $99,000 in funds is available for Round 2 of this program.
• The amount the program is able to approve will not always be equal to the maximum grant amount due to the overall availability of funds.
A second round of applications is now being accepted. The program application is accessible on the Village’s website and completed applications will be accepted until Friday, April 30th. Contact Village staff at (217) 892-6801 to review the program and get questions answered. Submit completed grant application to the Village via email firstname.lastname@example.org. An application will only be accepted and reviewed after receipt of all application materials:
• Completed grant application form
• Documentation of eligible expenses incurred including copies of receipts
Each application will be individually evaluated and approved applications and grant amounts determined. Once an application is approved grant funds will be disbursed as quickly as possible.